Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Declaration of Independence


Happy belated 4th of July! I had a lovely time with friends, sitting around and reminiscing about my friend Debbie's beloved Greyhound Chevy, who had to be put to sleep the day before. And we were served traditional Fourth of July fare, and I did partake. I honestly thought about having the burger without the bun, and bringing my own side dishes, perhaps some faux-tato salad.

But for the day, at least, I had my own Declaration of Independence.

What does that mean? Maybe this:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all people are created equal regardless of their weight, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, the pursuit of Happiness, and the freedom to participate in social activities without feeling deprived or ostracized.

Of course, now I am paying the price for my Independence. Why does it have to be so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment