Friday, May 25, 2007
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Friday, May 18, 2007
- Do not eat when you have no appetite, and dine lightly.
- Chew well, and whatever you take into you should be well-cooked and of simple ingredients.
- He who takes medicine is ill advised.
- Beware anger and avoid stuffy air.
- Stay standing a while when you get up from a meal.
- Make sure you do not sleep at midday.
- Let your wine be mixed with water, take little and often, not between meals, not on an empty stomach.
- Neither delay nor prolong your visit to the toilet.
- If you take exercise, let it not be too strenuous.
- Do not lie with your stomach upward and your head downward.
- Be well covered at night,and rest your head and keep your mind cheerful.
- Avoid wantonness and keep to this diet.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
- The Chaotic Eater. Tends to skip meals, eat without routine, and don't plan. This is NOT me. I'm a by-the-clock eater.
- The Unconscious Eater. Isn't tuned in to how much she's eating, tends to eat while doing other things--TV, talking, working. I do have some of this in me.
- The Emotional Eater. Uses food to cope with feelings. Often eat a whole package of something before they realize it. Feel powerless around food. Yeah, okay, I've owned up to this one.
- The Waste-Not Eater. Hates to see food go to waste so has to finish it off. Nah, I'm not shy about throwing stuff out.
- The Refuse-Not Eater. Can't say no when someone invites them out or offers them food whether they want it or not. Eats to make others feel good. Uh....not really, I don't think.
- The Restrictive Eater. Always going on one diet or another with a vengeance. Constantly creating lists of "good" and "bad" foods. Vascillate between under-eating, over-eating and bingeing. Obsessive. DING DING DING. Raising hand now.
- The Intuitive Eater. I guess this is the one we should all strive to be--conscious of body hunger signals. You know, eats when hungry, stops when not hungry.