Friday, May 25, 2007

Sugar....Oh, Honey, Honey


Remember that old song by the Archies? "Sugar. Oh, honey, honey. You are like candy, girl,and you got me wanting you." And what a stupid idea for a band were the Archies anyway? Did Jughead sing backing vocals?

But I digress. Check out this amazingly intelligent article from The Economist about rat poison. No, I don't mean my pal Jimmy Moore's total characterization of sugar as rat poison, but instead what I believe to be the worst of the many types of rat poison: high fructose corn syrup.

Anyway, this little Economist piece rightly, I think, points the finger of blame at HFCS and its effects on Americans in particular for any number of a host of health problems. The combination of Japanese technology, and flawed American agricultural policies in the late 1970s, has been a killer. Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment