Friday, December 8, 2006

Stuck on Stupid

Start date: Aug 6, 2006
Lost to date: 48 lbs.

Sometimes, as U.S. Gen. Russell Honore said when he landed in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina to set things straight and get things in order, we just get "stuck on stupid."

I got stuck on stupid yesterday. I know I can't eat anything with maltitol in it. I know this from hard-won experience. I know that even in small quantities--like in a single cookie--it can result in a bad case of rumble-gut at best or nuclear gastric meltdown at worst.

Yesterday, one cookie, one nuclear maltitol meltdown. Minus 3-1/2 pounds in a day.

Hey, I think I've found a new diet aid! Forget Milk of Magnesia! Forget eating loads of fiber! Just eat a cookie!

Sheesh.

Note to self: You cannot eat the "Outrageous Oatmeal Cookie" from Nutritious Creations. Don't ever order it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment