Saturday, April 14, 2007

A Slippery Slope


A friend and I were talking about binge eating recently and we both were stymied as to why despite our knowledge of "good" and "bad" and our otherwise seeming firm grasp on our lives, our brains just shut down sometime and nothing matters but stuffing down vast quantities of inappropriate food. ('fess up--have you ever binged on brussels sprouts?)

I haven't had a good week, and in fact have been having trouble getting back on track after going off the rails on my trip to Chicago. This has been a pattern with me. I'll be really dedicated until...something, a vacation or a trip or a holiday...comes along. I'll convince myself that I'll just let down my guard for a few days, a week. And then it's all over but the gaining.

I'm just not going to let that happen this time. I've worked too hard this past year to get this 65 lbs off (with still a ways to go) to just throw in the towel. I don't know how many fresh starts I have left in me.

Can you tell I'm tired and in the midst of a pity party?

No comments:

Post a Comment