- Japan: $317.25 a week. Favorite foods: sashimi; fruit; cake; potato chips
- Italy: $260.11 a week. Favorite foods: fish; pasta with ragu; hot dogs; frozen fish sticks
- Kuwait: $221.45 a week. Favorite food: chicken biryani with basmati rice
- USA: $341.98 a week. Favorite foods: spaghetti; potatoes; sesame chicken
- Mexico: $189.09 a week. Favorites: pizza; crab; pasta; chicken
- England: $253.15 a week. Favorites: avocado; mayonnaise sandwich; prawn cocktail; chocolate fudge cake with cream
- Germany: $500.07 a week. Favorites: Fried potatoes with onions, bacon and herring; fried noodles with eggs and cheese; pizza; vanilla pudding
Remind me to blog sometime about mayonnaise sandwiches. I'm astounded they appeared in England.
There are also articles on "The Biggest Loser" show, a funny first-person by a reporter who undergoes a two-day "master cleanse" fast and lives to write about it--albeit very grumpily, and a "How the World Eats" article to accompany the photo-essay.
A really fascinating issue--check it out.