Thursday, January 4, 2007

Money Talks. But Does It Eat?

Once you get past the obnoxious ego trip, this little piece from the Violent Acres website actually--almost accidentally--makes an interesting point. It's a heckuva lot cheaper to be fat than thin. Research has shown a correlation between income and body weight. "Rich and thin" is like other cliches--based in truth. Mr. Violent Acres can't spell "Ramen Noodles," but his point is well taken. If you're broke and living paycheck to paycheck, you can stretch a dollar a lot farther on Ramen noodles than on protein and fresh veggies.

Of course, what Mr. Violent Acres doesn't take into account is that no matter how much money you have, it still comes down to personal choice, doesn't it? I have a hard time committing to an exercise program NOT because I can't afford a personal trainer (although I can't) but because I still hold out some (fast fading) hope that I can avoid it.

No comments:

Post a Comment