Wednesday, January 17, 2007

You...As a Guinea Pig


Okay, enough is enough. I've been on a soul-crushing cycle of losing and gaining the same five pounds for almost three months. Time to stop. I'm taking a bold and probably stupid move this week and leaving the Extreme Atkins plan for the first time since August 6--47 pounds ago--and putting myself to the test in a two-week experiment. I'm bored to death and need something to jolt me out of my boredom.

For the next two weeks, I will be doing a low-carbish version of the Weight Watchers program. I say "low-carbish" because I'm opening my food options up to include whole grains and fruits, two things that have been forbidden since August, when I've kept my carb intake to 20-25 total (NOT net) carbs per day. It's South Beach, for all intents and purposes, or Sugar Busters. Not so much low carb as controlled carb.

Will I puff up like a blowfish? Gain back all 46 pounds in two weeks? Start feeling sluggish again?

Well, that's why I'm putting a two-week limit on it. If I gain, it's over. But I won't step on the scales till the first week is over.

So stay tuned. Suzanne the Guinea Pig is reporting for duty!

Any thoughts about this? (Don't worry--I'm not going to start eating "rat poison" again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment