Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Tagged . . . Again!

I got tagged over on my New Orleans blog a couple of weeks ago and sent the tag swirling into the low carb world. Now, I have a taste of my own medicine! I've been tagged by Cindy over at Cindy's Low Carb Life, which is always a great read. Check it out if you haven't already.

So, here we go, five little-known things about me. Yeah, I know. Pretty exciting, eh?

1. One of my first jobs out of college was as a crime reporter for a daily newspaper. I worked horrible hours--from 5 a.m. till 1 p.m. Monday-Thursday and a split shift, 5 a.m.-9 a.m. and 5 p.m. till 10 p.m., on Friday. On my first Friday night shift, I had to cover a double-murder and got the coroner out of the shower to make a comment. Ah, the good old days. Don't miss 'em a bit.

2. I'm an avid quilter and especially enjoy the technique called paper-piecing. Every spare nook and cranny of my house is filled with scraps of fabric. I abide by the saying among quilters: He who dies with the most fabric, wins. Here's one of my quilts.



3. I live in a New Orleans-style Victorian cottage built in 1900. When Hurricane Katrina unceremoniously dumped a 60-foot tree on my roof, I had to replace the original, 100-year-old slate roof. Sniffle. Here's a little bit of my little house.



4. I have lived in five states--always moving for a job: Tuscaloosa, Alabama; Champaign-Urbana, Illinois; Houston, Texas; San Diego, California; and, for the past 13 years, New Orleans, Louisiana.

5. I used to be a fan of pro wrestling, and actually own a couple of shares of stock in the WWE. Okay, now I've said too much....

No comments:

Post a Comment