Thursday, February 22, 2007

Savor the Flavor


Has anyone tried the new Splenda Flavor Blends for Coffee? They come in three flavors--French Vanilla, Hazelnut and Mocha. As a big fan of the DaVinci syrups--I can't drink coffee without a splash of hazelnut or Kahlua--I like the idea of these. Plus, they come in small packets that are easily portable. The website also has some recipes to use them in, although most would need a few tweaks to make them more carb-conscious.

Now, I know there are many folks who don't go in for the artificial sweeteners, but I'm with my pal Jimmy Mooreon this one (Jimmy recently gave up his boycott of diet sodas)--it just helps keep me honest. Certainly the merits/demerits of Aspartame are much-debated, and there are already people questioning the long-term safety of Splenda. Are they dangerous? I maintain that they're no worse than sugar, sugar and more sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment